Dr. Eddy Marek Leks
Area of Practice
- Real Estate
- Mergers Acquisition
- Bachelor of Law, Universitas Atmajaya Jakarta, 2003;
- Masters of Law, Universitas Gadjah Mada, 2013;
- Master of Laws, University of London, 2015;
- Doctor of Philosophy of Law, STF Driyarkara, 2022
Competent in the real estate regulations, merger and acquisition, and legal risk management.
– asialaw Profile 2020 –
Eddy Leks is the founder and Managing Partner of Leks&Co. Having a legal career in mind, he started his experience in general corporate/commercial and general litigation practice area. Afterwards, he joined Hadiputranto, Hadinoto & Partners (HHP), an affiliated law office of Baker&McKenzie. There, he was working in capital market, general corporate/commercial, taxation, foreign investment and customs practice area. He left his position in HHP to join PT Lippo Karawaci Tbk, one of the biggest property and real estate development and investment company in Indonesia, where he rose to become a legal senior manager. His main responsibility is to manage company’s general corporate/commercial issues, build-operate-transfer project, and acquisition of shares and assets of property project. At time of joining, he was one of the youngest legal managers of the company.
Eddy Leks is recommended by asialaw Profiles, Legal 500, and Chambers and Partners in real estate field in Indonesia. He is also recommended in Corporate and M & A fields by asialaw Profiles and Legal 500. In addition Legal 500 also recommends it in the field of business dispute resolution. He was nominated as one of the finalists to receive the BMW Managing Partner of the Year award by the ALB Indonesia Law Awards 2015. Furthermore, he was also awarded the asialaw Leading Lawyer and Euromoney Expert Guides in the field of construction and real estate.
- Article Publication in International Bar Association Newsletter February 2010;
- Article Publication in International Bar Association Newsletter September 2010;
- Interview by Tabloid “RUMAH” October 2010;
- Article Publication in Lawasia Update December 2010;
- Interview by Tabloid “RUMAH” December 2010;
- Interview by Tabloid Nova January 2011;
- Legal Aspects on Strata Title Super Block Development in Indonesia;
- Overview of Real Estate Law in Indonesia for Foreigner or Foreign Entity;
- Article Publication in International Bar Association Newsletter March 2011;
- Article Publication in International Bar Association Newsletter September 2012;
- Article Publication in Forbes Indonesia magazine November 2012;
- Interviewed by Esquire magazine November 2012;
- Article Publication in Forbes Indonesia January 2013;
- Regular legal columnist in Property&Bank magazine, leading property magazine in Indonesia;
- Regular legal columnist at Kontan Blog.
- Real Estate and Construction Disputes in Indonesia
Recommendations from Others
“Eddy Marek Leks, a distinguished lawyer for the real estate and property industry. His knowledge and experience in Indonesian real estate law are outstanding.”
– Prasetiyo, Legal Division Head Tokyu Land
“Eddy Marek Leks is full of integrity, has qualified knowledge especially in the law of property and land, and always works according to the goals set, and on time”.
– Antonius Taroreh, Legal Co-ordinator Ciputra Property
“Eddy Leks is smart and sharp lawyer. He has the passion on continuous learning. He can manage his work well, even when it is under pressure. He is able to cooperate and coordinate with company’s team nicely, and the most important thing is, he gets the job done.”
– Stephen Purwanto, Legal Director PT Lippo Karawaci Tbk
“I once worked together in one project with Eddy Leks (Eddy). I have had the distinct pleasure of working with Eddy. He is a good lawyer and I could see his tireless efforts to serve his client with upmost quality of work. He paid attentions to all details and dealt with any problems promptly without any hesitations. I find that he is resourceful in the property matter (both at legal and practical issues) although he is also knowledgeable in certain corporate matters. As an in-house counsel, he brought his commercial perspective to his work. This quality distinguishes him from other lawyers. On top of that, from my experience, I can say that he is a trustworthy person.”
— Andi Yusuf Kadir, Senior Associate, Dispute Resolution, Hadiputranto, Hadinoto & Partners (Baker & McKenzie), was with another company when working with Eddy at Leks&Co
“Very intuitive, smart, creative and helpful. Just visit his blog on http://eddyleks.com and we will see all about his personality.”
— Gunawan HP, Chief Internal Audit, PT Lippo Karawaci Tbk., was with another company when working with Eddy at Leks&Co
“Eddy is a great guy to work with. A combination of his previous careers as practicing lawyer and in-house counsel should benefit others in obtaining advice that contains the “sense” of theory as well as commercial point of view.”
— Riza Buditomo, Legal Consultant, Hadiputranto, Hadinoto & Partners a member of Baker & McKenzie International, a Swiss Verein, worked directly with Eddy at Leks&Co
“Eddy is an excellent lawyer with broad perspective of knowledge and insight. Despite his key specialization in Property Law, I witnessed his strength in many areas of law practices. His warmth and sincere personality also added value that you cannot just find in any typical lawyer.”
— Yuwono Wirastomo, ATM Management – Manager, Citi, was with another company when working with Eddy at PT Lippo Karawaci Tbk
“There are lots of energetic, young, smart, and talented lawyers now a days; but only few are equipped with discernment, wisdom to decide and to excel, and Eddy Leks is one of a thousand. His goal and orientation is to meet clients satisfaction, so no worries, try and hire Leks and Co, this guy will meet your standard.”
– Stephan A.H., S.H., M.Kn. – Head Department of Corporate Legal – PT. Lippo Karawaci, Tbk.
Click here to download full profile of Eddy Leks.
- International Bar Association;
- LAWASIA (The Law Association for Asia and The Pacific);
- Indonesian Advocate Association (Asosiasi Advokat Indonesia);
- Indonesian Bar Association (Perhimpunan Advokat Indonesia – PERADI);
- Chartered Institute of Arbitrators;
- Capital Market Legal Consultant Association;
- Indonesian Receiver and Administrators Association.
- Admitted to bar, 2009;
- Licensed as Receiver and Administrator, 2011;
- Licensed as Capital Market Legal Consultant, 2012.