Eddy M. Leks, S.H., M.H., LL.M.
Area of Practice
- Contruction and Real Estate Law
- General Corporate/Commercial
- Commercial Dispuite Resolution
- Capital Market
- Mergers and Acquisitions
- Bachelor of Law, University of Atmajaya (Cum-laude predicate), Indonesia
- Master of Law, specialization on Business Law, University of Gadjah Mada, Indonesia
- Master of Law (Lex Legibus Master), specialization on International Dispute Resolution, University of London, United Kingdom
One client said, “Eddy really good at what he does. His knowledge, communication and response are faultless.”
– Asialaw Profiles
Eddy Leks is the founder and Managing Partner of Leks&Co. Having a legal career in mind, he started his experience in general corporate/commercial and general litigation practice area. Afterwards, he joined Hadiputranto, Hadinoto & Partners (HHP), an affiliated law office of Baker&McKenzie. There, he was working in capital market, general corporate/commercial, taxation, foreign investment and customs practice area. He left his position in HHP to join PT Lippo Karawaci Tbk, one of the biggest property and real estate development and investment company in Indonesia, where he rose to become a legal senior manager. His main responsibility is to manage company’s general corporate/commercial issues, build-operate-transfer project, and acquisition of shares and assets of property project. At time of joining, he was one of the youngest legal managers of the company. As a lawyer, Eddy Leks has actively involved in many of major corporate and real estate transactions. His experiences include, among others, (i) project acquisition of shares or assets of major national corporation and major multinational corporation, (ii) giving legal advice and actively preparing a build, operate and transfer agreement (iii) giving legal advice and strategy for the corporate action’s purposes, especially when there is significant necessity for watchfulness and (iv) proposing the best corporate structure for the business transaction.
Mr. Eddy Leks is a recommended attorney by Legal 500 Asia Pacific and Global Law Expert in the field of real estate law in Indonesia. Moreover, Eddy is also highly recommended by Asialaw Profile in 2013 and recommended of Chambers&Partners in 2013 on Real Estate. He has also achieved a “Certificate of Introduction to International Commercial Dispute conducted by the Chartered Institute of Arbitrators and Robert Gordon University” which gained him a Member membership in the Chartered Institute of Arbitrators.
In 2015, he was profiled on Expert Guides Book – Construction & Real Estate. Futhermore, he holds Certificate of International Trade Finance (CITF), ranked in chambers Asia Pacific 2015 and became finalist of BMW Award Managing Partner of the Year at the ALB Indonesia Law Awards 2015.
- Article Publication in International Bar Association Newsletter February 2010;
- Article Publication in International Bar Association Newsletter September 2010;
- Interview by Tabloid “RUMAH” October 2010;
- Article Publication in Lawasia Update December 2010;
- Interview by Tabloid “RUMAH” December 2010;
- Interview by Tabloid Nova January 2011;
- Legal Aspects on Strata Title Super Block Development in Indonesia;
- Overview of Real Estate Law in Indonesia for Foreigner or Foreign Entity;
- Article Publication in International Bar Association Newsletter March 2011;
- Article Publication in International Bar Association Newsletter September 2012;
- Article Publication in Forbes Indonesia magazine November 2012;
- Interviewed by Esquire magazine November 2012;
- Article Publication in Forbes Indonesia January 2013;
- Regular legal columnist in Property&Bank magazine, leading property magazine in Indonesia;
- Regular legal columnist at Kontan Blog;
- Real Estate and Construction Disputes in Indonesia
- Author of Indonesia Chapter – Real Estate 2016 for Getting the Deal Through;
- Interview by Esquire magazine June 2015;
- Featured as one of 100 property figure in Indonesia in Property & the City magazine June 2015.
Recommendations from Others
“Eddy Leks is smart and sharp lawyer. He has the passion on continuous learning. He can manage his work well, even when it is under pressure. He is able to cooperate and coordinate with company’s team nicely, and the most important thing is, he gets the job done.”
– Stephen Purwanto, Legal Director PT Lippo Karawaci Tbk
“I once worked together in one project with Eddy Leks (Eddy). I have had the distinct pleasure of working with Eddy. He is a good lawyer and I could see his tireless efforts to serve his client with upmost quality of work. He paid attentions to all details and dealt with any problems promptly without any hesitations. I find that he is resourceful in the property matter (both at legal and practical issues) although he is also knowledgeable in certain corporate matters. As an in-house counsel, he brought his commercial perspective to his work. This quality distinguishes him from other lawyers. On top of that, from my experience, I can say that he is a trustworthy person.”
— Andi Yusuf Kadir, Senior Associate, Dispute Resolution, Hadiputranto, Hadinoto & Partners (Baker & McKenzie), was with another company when working with Eddy at Leks&Co
“Very intuitive, smart, creative and helpful. Just visit his blog on http://eddyleks.com and we will see all about his personality.”
— Gunawan HP, Chief Internal Audit, PT Lippo Karawaci Tbk., was with another company when working with Eddy at Leks&Co
“Eddy is a great guy to work with. A combination of his previous careers as practicing lawyer and in-house counsel should benefit others in obtaining advice that contains the “sense” of theory as well as commercial point of view.”
— Riza Buditomo, Legal Consultant, Hadiputranto, Hadinoto & Partners a member of Baker & McKenzie International, a Swiss Verein, worked directly with Eddy at Leks&Co
“Eddy is an excellent lawyer with broad perspective of knowledge and insight. Despite his key specialization in Property Law, I witnessed his strength in many areas of law practices. His warmth and sincere personality also added value that you cannot just find in any typical lawyer.”
— Yuwono Wirastomo, ATM Management – Manager, Citi, was with another company when working with Eddy at PT Lippo Karawaci Tbk
“There are lots of energetic, young, smart, and talented lawyers now a days; but only few are equipped with discernment, wisdom to decide and to excel, and Eddy Leks is one of a thousand. His goal and orientation is to meet clients satisfaction, so no worries, try and hire Leks and Co, this guy will meet your standard.”
– Stephan A.H., S.H., M.Kn. – Head Department of Corporate Legal – PT. Lippo Karawaci, Tbk.
Click here to download full profile of Eddy Leks.
- International Bar Association;
- LAWASIA (The Law Association for Asia and The Pacific);
- Indonesian Advocate Association (Asosiasi Advokat Indonesia);
- Indonesian Bar Association (Perhimpunan Advokat Indonesia – PERADI);
- Chartered Institute of Arbitrators;
- Capital Market Legal Consultant Association;
- Indonesian Receiver and Administrators Association.
- Admitted to bar, 2009;
- Licensed as Receiver and Administrator, 2011;
- Licensed as Capital Market Legal Consultant, 2012.
- Member of CIArb
- Certified CITF
Articles & Publications
- A legal view publication in Forbes Indonesia, April 2019 edition, titled “IT IS ILLEGITIMATE TO ABANDON LAND”
- A Legal Column publication in Property&Bank, April 2019 edition, titled “HARAM MENELANTARKAN TANAH”
- A legal view publication in Forbes Indonesia, March 2019 edition, titled “AWAITING THE AGRARIAN LAW REFORM”
- A Legal Column publication in Property&Bank, March 2019 edition, titled “MENUNGGU RUU PERTANAHAN”
- A Legal Column publication in Property&Bank, November 2019 edition, titled “REFORMA AGRARIA”
- Overview of Real Estate Law in Indonesia for Foreigner or Foreign Entity
- A legal view publication in Forbes Indonesia, July 2014 edition, titled “Awaiting a Law on Land”
- Legal Aspects on Strata Title Super Block Development in Indonesia
- Cooperative Law In Indonesia
- A legal column titled, “Balancing Franchise Growth With Aid To SMEs” written by Eddy Leks
- New Condominium Law in Indonesia: a developer’s perspective
- Provisions And Procedure For Employing Foreign Manpower And Developing Indonesian Manpower In Natural Oil And Gas Business Activities